FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 8, 2019
CONTACT: Susan Ramsey, Executive Director, Hamilton County Development Authority firstname.lastname@example.org; 386.792.6828
Hamilton County Development Authority Announces Additional
$25,000 for Commercial Beautification Grants
Additional funding will help improve visual appearance of area businesses
JASPER, FL – Today, the Hamilton County Development Authority (HCDA) announced an additional $25,000 for the Commercial Beautification Micro-Grant Program aimed at improving the visual appearance of businesses in Hamilton County. The micro-grant program will continue to provide matching funds to renovate and improve the visual impact of the properties in the county. This grant is available to all retail, commercial and industrial property owners.
“We are grateful to be able to continue to provide this funding to local businesses,” said Susan Ramsey, Executive Director of the HCDA. “Local businesses are the backbone of our economy and this allows us to support their growth while also improving our county’s appearance and sense of place.”
The additional $25,000 in funding is a result of the program’s successful launch last year. Over the course of the program’s first year, 6 grants were awarded to a range of businesses. The funds can be used for improvements such as beautification purposes for such things as exterior painting, new awnings,sign improvements, planting shrubs, flowers, trees, etc. Applications will be available at the HCDA’s office.
The funding will focus on projects that will visually enhance the county. Ultimately, the goal of the micro-grants is to help stimulate redevelopment and increase property values while providing safe and attractive environments for workers, businesses and the public overall.
Facts about the Commercial Beautification Micro-Grant Program:
- The application period will run from today through June 30 with grants awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are encumbered.
- Up to $1,000 is available to any Hamilton County business as a dollar-for-dollar match. Businesses can apply for any amount up to, and including, $1,000.
- The funds can be used for any exterior beautification including plants, trees, shrubs, exterior paint, exterior doors/windows, awnings, etc.
- Once the application is approved, businesses have 90 days to complete the project. Grant awards will be distributed after documentation of project completion is provided including before and after photos.
- If the business leases their property, the property owner must give written approval for most upgrades.
Important Dates & Details:
- Applications are available by emailing Susan Ramsey at email@example.com.
- Applications are currently being accepted.
- Projects have 90 days to complete work in order to be reimbursed.
- Application period closes June 30
The micro-grant program was developed as a result of the HCDA’s Strategic Overview and Marketing Plan developed by VisionFirst Advisors which identified key actions to be implemented to better position the County for greater economic development success and prosperity.
About Hamilton County Development Authority:
The Hamilton County Development Authority (HCDA) assists the county’s existing businesses grow while attracting new investments and industry to the community. Through its recruitment efforts the HCDA fosters the growth of higher wage jobs and the quality of place for its residents. The HCDA was formed in 1960 by an act of the state legislature and consists of eight members appointed by the Governor. For more information visit: http://hamiltoncda.org/.